Detailed Application Instructions
- If you're a new
student applying to the Intensive English Program, you will need to first
create an account in the application system by selecting
I need to create a new account for this site.
- NOTE: If you are a conditionally admitted student attending the Intensive English Program please login with your WVU Login Credentials by selecting I have a WVU username and password .
- Enter your biographical information, including First, Middle, and Last name, email address, date of birth, and gender; then click Create Account .
- A password generated from the system will be sent to the email address provided in your account setup. Retrieve the password from your email, then click NON-WVU LOGIN at the top of the page. Using your email address and system-generated password, you can log in.
- The system will then prompt you to select three security questions to help you recover your account if you forget your password. Once this is done the system allows you to create a new password.
- Next, you will be prompted to select the term the term you wish to start in the Intensive English Program.
- The application will then ask for two addresses. Your International Permanent Address , which is the address that will be stored in SEVIS. Also, the I-20/DS-2019 Mailing Address , which is where you would like your immigration documents mailed.
- Under the Required Reading section, click on IEP Application Instructions and follow the detailed directions. Once you have read the instructions, select Mark as Read / Viewed to complete this mandatory task.
- Next, you must complete the required information under the Questionnaire(s) section.
- Biographical Information is necessary for your I-20/DS-2019 and admission to WVU.
- Additional Information asks details about your housing in Morgantown.
- I-20/DS-2019 Information confirms details for your important immigration documentation.
- Dependents is only necessary if you are bringing dependents with you to the US
- Financial Sponsorship asks if you are being sponsored by a government, agency, or corporation. If so, please provide the requested details.
- The Affidavit of Support is required for all applicants, and acknowledges that you understand the financial requirements for your I-20/DS-2019.
- Next, you can attach the required documents using the Attached Document section. Please see above for a list of required documents.
- Lastly, once all required information and documentation has been submitted, please Click Here to Submit Completed Form . This will prompt your application to be submitted for admission. If there are any issues, a member of our International Student Advising team will contact you for clarification and additional information.
WVU Freshman Admission Requirements for International Students:
International students applying as freshman or undergraduate transfer students must have at least a 2.5 grade-point average on a 4.0 scale for general admission.